Transport Management System
A Transportation Management System (TMS) is a logistics software that helps businesses plan, execute, and optimize the physical movement of goods, both incoming and outgoing, and taking costs under control by providing financial visibility, enabling complex transportation calculations.
Plan shipments for goods according to customer’s order,
Create transport orders to organize transportation by assigning a carrier/truck,
Track its movement from loading to delivery,
Financial calcualtions of the transportation cost and payments,
Communicate transportation data to government systems to make business compliant as per the local regulation.
The broader goals of using a TMS are to improve shipping efficiency, gain real-time supply chain visibility, ensure customer satisfaction and more importantly, effective cost management and cost reduction.
Monovi TMS provides visibility into day-to-day transportation operations, trade compliance information and documentation, and ensuring the timely delivery of freight and goods. Monovi TMS also streamline the shipping process and make it easier for businesses to manage and optimize their transportation operations.
Who Needs TMS
Monovi Transportation Management System is primarily designed for businesses that need to ship, move, and receive goods on a regular basis, including:
- Carriers, Logistics Providers
- Ecommerce companies
- Retail businesses
- Companies that provide logistics services, such as third-party and fourth-party logistics (3PL and 4PL) companies and logistics service providers (LSPs)
Monovi TMS provides many benefits to businesses. Some of the top benefits are:
- Calculates complex transportation costs,
- Enables cost reduction for the carriers and the end customers,
- Monitoring supply chain processes across geographies and carriers,
- Automation of business operations for faster and more accurate billing and documentation,
- Improvement in visibility and security, especially in transit,
The ability to track freight on a single platform
- Provide transport data to government systems timely and automatically (such as U-ETDS compliance in Turkey), to make the business compliance, minimizing penalties and shipment delays,
New business insights as better reporting leads to faster action and process improvement
Improvements in customer service and imporved service quality leads gain in revenue,
The ability to scale the business by meeting and exceeding customer demands for fast, on-time shipments
Monovi TMS solution is used by CHRYSO, in its plants in Turkey. CHRYSO is the global leader in innovative chemistries and services to enhance the performance of cement and concrete. With the help of Monovi TMS, CHRYSO has improved the transportation management process visibility, as well as reducing their freight costs by optimizing the effective use of assests and carrier capacities.